Why your company should join
Target Gender Equality is a gender equality accelerator programme for participating companies of the UN Global Compact. Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity building workshops, peer-to-peer learning and multi-stakeholder dialogue at the country-level, Target Gender Equality will support companies engaged with the UN Global Compact in setting and reaching ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership, starting with the Board and Executive Management levels.
Companies participating in Target Gender Equality have the opportunity to deepen implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and strengthen their contribution to Sustainable Development Goal 5.5, which calls for equal women representation, participation and leadership in business globally. Companies will be equipped with the latest data and research supporting the business case for gender equality and gain insights from UN partners and experts on how to accelerate progress on gender equality.
Under the Program to be carried out in 45 countries simultaneously:
- Performance analysis
- Capacity building workshops
- Peer studies and learning opportunities
- High-level multi-stakeholder meetings will be held at the country level
The program invites companies to set ambitious and realistic corporate goals in a range of areas and to take action to achieve them, from increasing the number of women on their board of directors to increase the number of women entrepreneurs in the supply chain.
The companies participating in the program will benefit from the following opportunities.
- Confidently set ambitious and realistic corporate targets for gender equality demonstrating commitment and action to your employees, investors and other stakeholders
- Understand your current gender equality performance through the facilitated use of the Women’s Empowerment Principles Gender Gap Analysis Tool
- Engage in accelerated learning opportunities specific to the Kenya context
- Benefit from the special accelerator learning opportunities to companies in Kenya,
- Build a network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your gender equality strategy and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to gender equality.
- Showcase women in your company who are driving business success, sustainability and contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Being a member of the UN Global Compact,
- To be determined to set institutional goals and actions to increase the representation and leadership of women in the business world,
- To identify two company representatives that will participate regularly in meetings and events within the scope of the program,
- To identify a high-level “Ambassador” to follow the developments in the program, to provide support and to attend high-level meetings.
For more information about participation and programme: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Applications||Program start||Program end|
|March 16 - June 30, 2021||July 2021||March 2022|